Lambing Workshop – Sevenoaks
February 3 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm£50
Join your local Westpoint Vet along with fellow flock owners to prepare and refresh knowledge and skills in preparation for the 2018 lambing season. Ideal for new shepherds, but also an excellent update for more experienced livestock keepers wanting to refresh their skills and learn more techniques.
Saturday 3rd February | 10.00am
Sevenoaks practice, Park Farm, Stables, Park Farm, nr Brasted, Kent, TN16 1LL.
The workshop will cover the following:
• Prepare your farm and flock for lambing with appropriate equipment and medicines
• Appreciate normal ewe behaviour before and around lambing
• Practice delivering normal and abnormal lamb presentations using a lambing simulator
• Perform techniques such as tubing, as well as more advanced procedures like eyelid injections and intra-peritoneal glucose administration
The aim of this workshop is to enhance your skills in:
• The benefits of recording lambing data and using it to improve performance
• Recognising and dealing with problems with lambing, including metabolic ewe diseases, prolapses and abortions
• Specific procedures and techniques which will equip you to deal with different lambing situations
• Care for both normal and weak lambs in the hours and days after birth
Throughout the workshop you will have the opportunity to ask the vets any questions you may have about your flock. There will be a light meal afterwards.
The cost of this workshop is £50+VAT per person and any extra people from the same farm will be £25+VAT each. There’s a 10% discount for Young Farmers’ Club members.
Please call 01959 564383 to book your place.