POSITION: Veterinary Surgeon
COMPANY: Westpoint Veterinary Group Ltd
RESPONSIBLE TO: Practice Principal
Hours: 8 am - 5.30 pm Monday to Friday + On - call duties as per rota.
- Provide clinical intervention and care to farm patients, involving diagnosis, prognosis, surgery and administration of drugs.
- Make and maintain clinical records relating to patients and clients.
- Produce reports and statistics as required; compiling data and maintaining records for Practice Standards Scheme.
- Maintain stock and drug controls.
- Undertake TB testing when required.
- Oversee and be responsible for taking, analysing and reporting of lab samples.
- Observe Westpoint H&S protocols.
- Observe and professionally maintain RCVS standards at all times.
- Attend and maintain CPD courses and requirements
- Help and direct any office/administration staff in their duties
- Work with the Practice Principal to develop the client base of the practice.
- Work with the Practice Principal to raise the profile of the practice locally.
- Prepare and give talks to clients on topics of concern/interest when required.
- Build up a good and enduring relationship with clients
Under the guidance of the Practice Principal, the main duties of the post will be to coordinate and manage veterinary care to the patients and clients who are on our books.
Development of the practice is a key aspect of the role.
Westpoint aim to train and maintain excellent clinical standards for all our vets, enabling clients to have full confidence in us, and the advice/guidance we give.
On-call work requires good clear thinking of how to resolve problems within a short timescale and to exude confidence to clients. This is key to building enduring client relationships.
Please email Paul.Singleton@westpointfarmvets.co.uk