Would you like to join a friendly, capable and motivated team?
Due to expansion, Westpoint Farm Vets are looking for vets to join our enthusiastic farm focused team overseeing the health and welfare of our clients’ stock. These roles would suit an experienced vet wishing to work at a more senior level and be able to relocate if necessary.
- Are you driven by providing excellent client service?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of an expanding client base?
- Would you like to work for a business that values its employees?
Excellent salaries ranging from £35,000 to £45,000 (dependent on experience), 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, a culture of continued improvement, further qualifications encouraged and supported, an excellent support network, RCVS library membership, company car, VDS, generous pension scheme and private medical cover.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Routine veterinary work (mostly dairy)
- Emergency veterinary work, including equally shared on-call
- Herd health planning
- Data monitoring
- Keeping good records of veterinary work
- Charging appropriately for time on farm
- Growing the practice by maintaining a good company reputation and engaging new clients
- TB testing equally shared
- Contributing to the wider Origin group
Knowledge and experience required
- Relevant clinical experience either in EMS or practice preferred
- Experience in farm animal clinical work and knowledge of UK farm vet practice preferred
- Relevant undergraduate Vet degree
- OCQ (V) TB
- Good communication skills
- Ability to apply knowledge on farm
- Practical vet skills e.g. surgical, pregnant diagnosis/scanning
- High levels of motivation and a positive attitude to their work
- Able to contribute to service development and create a positive team environment
- Able to build and sustain productive relationships with new and existing customers (internal or external)
- Contributes to wider organisational performance through proactive involvement in relevant working groups
- Good decision maker and problem solver; able to weigh up alternative courses of action and reach timely and effective solutions
- Able to work proactively and on own initiative (working independently), unafraid to challenge the status quo
- Committed to ongoing professional development and knowledge transfer
We are continually recruiting for vets at all levels and all locations across the UK, but currently have a specific fixed term vacancy in Daventry.
Closing date: 15th February 2018
To apply, please send a CV with covering letter to email@example.com.