We would like to reassure all of our clients that we remain committed to providing a full veterinary service. However, due to the changed government guidance on 16th March, there could be sudden changes in practice team availability. This may mean that we will need to contact you at short notice to either update you of the changes or to re-arrange the visit.
In order to minimise the risk of such sudden changes in availability, we will be instigating several new standard operating procedures:
- Our vets will be attending all regular visits and emergencies as normal, but they will only be calling into the practice briefly when required.
- The practice will continue to be open during normal working hours, with the emergency vet taking the phones outside of these times.
- Where possible, we would ask for at least 24 hours notice (1 working day) when ordering medicines before coming in to pick them up to ensure they are ready for you. Rather than coming into the practice building to pick them up, they will be available for collection in the out of hours pick up point.
- Please give the practice a ring to let us know your expected arrival time for collection, so we can ensure they are ready for you to collect.
- If you have a visit booked in and then need to go into self-isolation, or you need to take social distancing measures, please let us know as soon as possible and we will inform the vet to discuss the options open to us and plan the visit accordingly.
- Farmacy plan to run a normal service at this time.
We will continue to inform you of further updates if the situation changes. We also ask you to support our teams who are working very hard at a challenging time to ensure that all calls are responded to as soon as is possible.
The Westpoint Farm Vets Team.